Univision is seeking a Director of Engineering, Front-End to join our team in New York / Miami.
The interactive media group develops and maintains all consumer-facing applications: Univision.com, mobile applications (e.g. Univision, Univision Deportes, Uforia), data services (video, sports, etc), and more! The Director of Engineering, Front-End is experienced with front-end technologies and their associated testing frameworks, understands UX and loves collaborating with product managers and designers to build innovative, engaging web apps. The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader who mentors through example and embraces new technologies. Our team is working on exciting, new experiences and projects and is looking for like-minded people to help us make an even greater impact on the global Hispanic community.
● Work with VP of Engineering to set our web / native app strategy
● Hands on technical mentorship of engineering teams participating in architecture design, code review, pair programming, and implementation of proven software design patterns
● Responsible for building, managing our Engineering team with industry-standard engineering practices, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
● Engage with Product Management, Design, Data / Analytics, Devops teams to deliver world class web applications
● Experience with web eco-systems, performance optimizations, modern front-end technology stacks, service-oriented systems, continuous integration and deployment methodologies
● Working knowledge and experience with React.js and workflows (such as Flux or
● Experience with ES6 in a production application
● Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
● Experience with restful APIs and Progressive Web Apps
● You are a master of HTML and optimizing CSS via LESS/SASS/ etc.
● You champion quality engineering:
○ Write maintainable, efficient code with associated tests ( Karma / Mocha/Chai/Enzyme ) and coverage
○ Enjoy reviewing code and providing ( and receiving ) constructive feedback
○ Experience with continuous integration ( Jenkins, Circle, AWS Codebuild )
● BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.