Univision Interactive Media is seeking a React Native lead to join our Product & Engineering team. The Interactive Media Group develops and maintains all consumer-facing applications: Univision.com, mobile applications (e.g. Univision, Univision Deportes, Uforia), data services (video, sports, etc), and more!
Candidates for the React Native lead should have a passion for building mobile apps (iOS and Android) and innovating new technologies and approaches in mobile app development. He / she will mentor, support, and lead a team of 4-5 engineers. The team has some new, innovative mobile projects in the works as we look make an even greater impact on the global Hispanic community.
● Own architecture, development, testing and delivery of mobile apps
● Help develop and execute our mobile roadmap for Univision Mobile track
● Accountable for day-to-day project support and assist team members to unblock or resolve any issues that may arise and review pull requests
● Participate in defining business requirements as needed, including providing technical specifications
● Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and experience of the application
● You are a team player. You share code-ownership as much as possible. You don't mind fixing other people’s code or stepping in to help a teammate.
● 2-3 years of active experience with react native.
● Strong knowledge of Android/IOS SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
● Advanced experience with mobile technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends (hybrid & native)
● Experience with ES6, Webpack (or similar), Babel (or similar) .
● Real understanding of how the web works under the hood. TCP, HTTP, DNS, IP, caches, etc.
● Strong knowledge of IOS/Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
● Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
● Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
● Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
● Familiarity with continuous integration such as Jenkins, Cirlcle
● BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to join a team that’s innovating at the core of the
exploding Hispanic market, we’d love to talk!